*UPDATE: Submission extended to 29 March. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 11 April.
Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) is the first regional transgender network in Asia Pacific region. Our mission is to enable transgender women and men in the Asia and Pacific region to organise and advocate for the improvement of their health, protection of their legal, social and human rights, and enhancement of their social wellbeing and quality of life. APTN is pleased to invite transgender persons to submit nominations for candidates to serve on the APTN Steering Committee during the post 2015-2017. One position is allocated for applicants from the Pacific, one for transgender man and 3 other positions are open. Position Descriptions: The Steering Committee are expected to:
- Uphold the Asia Pacific Transgender Network according to the objectives of the network.
- Stipulate policies for APTN and provide technical advices for Secretariat
- Review activities and finance matters as well as support fund raising activities
- Act as representatives of APTN and its affairs in dealing with external individuals
- Committed to regularly attend Committee Meetings.
- Submit written report(s) for meetings and/ or conference attended as APTN representative
Candidate Requirements: Every candidate wishing to be considered for any position on the APTN Steering Committee will be required to meet the followings requirement;
- Self-identify as transgender
- Must be individuals, at least 21 years of age, with capacity under common law to enter contracts;
- Affiliated with the regional networks / organizations working towards transgender welfare;
- At least 3 – 5 years experience in working in/for transgender community;
- Knowledge in transgender men and women issues
- Have the ability to communicate (written and spoken) effectively in English.
- National citizen or Permanent Resident of Asia and Pacific countries
- Cross-cultural knowledge
Nomination Submission: Closing Date: Sunday, 15 March 2015, 10:00 PM Indochina Time – Bangkok If you would like to be considered for one of these positions, please submit the required documents in PDF format only, to Natt Kraipet at email@example.com and Joe Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and time. The required documents are:
- Nominee Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (2 pages max.)
- Letter of Interest providing specific examples of your contributions to the transgender community and your vision for APTN. (800 words max.)
- 2 letters of reference from your organization and/or other relevant one.
Selection Process: 5 independent persons forming selection committee with vast knowledge on transgender issues will review the applications. Only those applicants shortlisted will be notified by 1 April 2015