The Asia and Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) was launched in 2009 and over the years has worked to build relationships with trans communities, organizations, governments, healthcare providers and other key stakeholders throughout the region. APTN’s reports and publications have helped guide social policy reform and human rights advances for trans people in many countries in Asia and the Pacific. Today, APTN is a leader in advocating for the rights of trans and gender diverse people throughout Asia and the Pacific.
APTN is currently seeking ONE Regional Steering Committee (RSC) Member to join the organisation. Members of the RSC must be from the Asia Pacific region but can be based anywhere else in the world.
Application Deadline: 13 November 2019
The RSC responsibility will be to highlight the work of APTN and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by APTN’s Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
– Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED and guiding the projects based on APTN’s strategic plan
– Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by APTN for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
– Support the Thai Foundation Board in ensuring that fiduciary responsibilities and compliance are met
– Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
– Assisting the ED and RSC Co-chairs in identifying and recruiting other RSC Members
– Partnering with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
– Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
– Representing APTN to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization when assigned
– Ensuring APTN’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities APTN serves
– Support the ED in fundraising to carry out APTN’s strategic plan
– Attend at least 95% of all board and assigned committee meetings, including but not limited to; remote calls, physical meeting
– Takes on a proactive approach and be informed about APTN’s mission, policies, programs and strategic priorities
Nominate a community leader or submit yourself today!
Please submit your CV, cover letter, and a completed nomination form to RSC@weareaptn.org by 13 November 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Read more details by downloading the application.