Job title: Finance Officer
Duty station: Bangkok, Thailand
Application Deadline: 25 November 2020
Starting date: Immediate
Duration: Nov 2020 – April 2021 (6 months)
Type of Contract: Temporary – Consultant
Language required : English and Thai
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) is a regional network that is working towards the advancement of trans rights in the Asia Pacific region through research and evidence generation, legal, policy and programmatic advocacy, and public campaigning. APTN office is legally established and has been operating as a registered entity as a Thai Foundation in Bangkok, Thailand. APTN currently works with more than 15 partners in 12 countries in the region.
About the position
APTN is seeking a temporary Finance Officer to provide support to our foundation operations in administration and finance. This role is expected to report to the office 2 days a week, from 10am – 6pm, except holidays. The position will work under direct supervision of the Accountant and Finance Officer. The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
Scope of Work
- Accurately record all expenses into the petty cash register and accounting software
- Prepares complete set of documentation for check payments–e.g., purchase order,invoice/delivery order, payee name, and terms of payment, securing signature of the authorised signatories, verifying that the amounts on receipts expensed match the amounts in current account records and in current account statements received from banks.
- Reviews receipts, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, reimbursements and other documents to ensure accuracy of each transaction and the calculations.
- Provides and clear staff cash advances in accordance with APTN policies and procedures.
- Maintaining accounting records (hard and soft copies)
- Maintaining the accounts for all payments and liaising with staff, contractors and suppliers asnecessary
- Ensure “Paid” stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and tagged
- Visit bank(s) for necessary collection and submission of financial documents
- Photocopy and scan all necessary documents
- Submission of a bi-weekly task report
- Maintain and update regularly all financial filing and other documentation
The consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Qualifications University or Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance, commerce and/or business administration
- At least three years experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Excellent command of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel Computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks);
- Fluent in English (listening, speaking, reading, writing) and must be able to speak and read Thai
- Experience working with community-based organizations in Asia-Pacific or in multiculturalsettings
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 November 2020.
Please indicate “Application: Fixed term contract – Finance Officer” in the subject of email.
Transgender Persons from Asia and the Pacific are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.