Functional title : Accountant and Finance Officer
Location : Bangkok, Thailand
6 December 2020 18 December 2020
Period : 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021
Duration of contract : 1 Year
Reports to : Finance, HR and Administrative Manager
Important: Fluent command in written and spoken English and Thai are required.
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) is a regional network that is working towards the advancement of trans rights in the Asia Pacific region through research and evidence generation, legal, policy and programmatic advocacy, and public campaigning. APTN office is legally established and has been operating as a registered entity as a Thai Foundation in Bangkok,
Thailand. APTN currently works with more than 15 partners in 12 countries in the region.
About the position
APTN is seeking a new staff member to help improve our foundation operations in administration and Human Resources. The position will work under direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Manager. The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
Accounting and Finance
- Support the Finance Department by handling the Foundation’s petty cash. This includes
the disbursement of advances and reimbursements of cash to staff
- Maintain that formal cash disbursal requirements are fulfilled as defined in the financial policies
- Handling the Foundation’s incoming cash donations
- Ensure the receipt and financial practices are aligned to Thai Law and transparent ethical standards
- Support in preparing tax and social security documents and procedures relating to tax, including staff personal income tax
- Performing cash count during the monthly account closure
- Accompany the withdrawals and deposits of cash to the bank.
- Accurately record all expenses into the petty cash register and accounting software
- Prepares complete set of documentation for check payments–e.g., purchase order, invoice/delivery order, payee name, and terms of payment, securing signature of the authorised signatories, verifying that the amounts on receipts expensed match the amounts in current account records and in current account statements received from banks.
- Reviews receipts, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, reimbursements and other
documents to ensure accuracy of each transaction and the calculations.
- Provides and clear staff cash advances in accordance with APTN policies and procedures.
- Maintaining accounting records (hard and soft copies)
- Maintaining the accounts for all payments and liaising with staff, contractors and suppliers as necessary
- Perform monthly bank & account reconciliation
- Maintain and update regularly all financial filing and other documentation
- Ensure “Paid” stamping of all the invoices, receipts and related documents before filing
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and tagged
- Visit bank(s) for necessary collection and submission of financial documents
- Photocopy and scan all necessary documents
- Verify assets inventory on a monthly basis
Support of Reporting and Budgeting:
- Support the Finance Department to prepare financial budgets for proposals to donors
- Support the Finance Department to prepare financial reports for donors and internal use
- Work with the relevant staff to produce project budgets and forecasts as required
- Support budget holders to prepare budgets, in discussion with partners.
Support Administration & Human Resource:
- Support the Finance and Admin Manager in the development of general administrative processes
- Facilitation of communication on financial procedure among the team and with external partners
- Support implementation of programs with programme staff
- Assists in preparation of monthly payroll summary; assure accuracy
- Distributes pay and obtain staff signatures on payroll slips
- Prepares monthly payroll summary for review by Finance and Admin Manager before
transmitting to Executive Director for approval
- Maintains payroll records (soft and hard copies)
- Maintains confidentiality of payroll documentation
Supporting relationships with partner organisations:
- Provide support in assessing partners’ financial management capacity
- Assist in recommending solutions to the findings of the capacity analysis of needs performed
- Monitoring sub-agreements financial disbursement timeline and how partners use funds
- Supporting partner organisations to develop their capacity
- Assist in the preparation of formal agreements with partner organisations
- Assist with the development of training plans and guide for partners to better understand financial management
- University or Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
- Have the skill of using accounting software.
- Have experience working in multi-donor / multi-project/ multi-country environment is desirable
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets
- Planning, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Familiarity with international NGO principles and practices is preferrable
- Professional and courteous
- APTN’s working language is English. Fluent command in written and spoken English and Thai are required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 December. Recruitment is on a rolling basis and may close ahead of the deadline once a suitable candidate has been identified. Please indicate “Application: Accountant and Finance Officer” in the subject of email. Transgender Persons from Asia and the Pacific are
highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
APTN is an Equal Opportunities Employer. APTN adheres to a fair recruitment process, regardless of any individual or group characteristics, including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex characteristics, race, age, disability, ability, economic status,
national origin, religion, ethnicity, and historical, cultural and geographic experiences. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex persons, transgender and gender non-binary persons, and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply.