TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Functional title: Part time Accounting and Finance Assistant
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: December 2021 – April 2022
Reports to: Finance, Administrative and HR Manager
The Asia Pacific Transgender Network (APTN) is a regional network that is working towards the advancement of trans rights in the Asia Pacific region through research and evidence generation, legal, policy and programmatic advocacy, and public campaigning. APTN office is legally established and has been operating as a registered entity as a Thai Foundation in Bangkok, Thailand. APTN currently works with more than 15 partners in 12 countries in the region
Scope of work:
- Maintains the accounts, following relevant APTN, Thai laws and donors regulation
- Accurately record all expenses into the petty cash register and accounting software
- Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports
- Prepares the monthly financial report based on the accounting application, with all necessary justifying documentation (invoice, bank drafts and bank exchange).
- Ensures a regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
- Maintains payment record of all invoices received.
- Maintaining the statement records and accounts for all payments and liaising with staff, contractors and suppliers as necessary
- Carries out payments of the office
- Prepares complete set of documentation for check payments–e.g., purchase order, invoice/delivery order, payee name, and terms of payment, securing signature of the authorised signatories, verifying that the amounts on receipts expensed match the amounts in current account records and in current account statements received from banks.
- Reviews receipts, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, reimbursements and other documents to ensure accuracy of each transaction and the calculations.
- Provides and clear staff cash advances in accordance with APTN policies and procedures.
- Ensure “Paid” stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed and tagged
- Visit bank(s) for necessary collection and submission of financial documents
- Photocopy and scan all necessary documents
- Submission of a bi-weekly task report
- Maintain and update regularly all financial filing and other documentation
- Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of APTN work, such as substituting for absent colleagues, etc as assigned by the Finance and Admin manager
- University: Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting, finance, commerce and/or business administration
- Working experience style and skills: at least 3 years of professional experience in accounting and/ financial work related to the role and responsibilities of this position
- Excellent command of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel Computer proficiency (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Quickbooks)
- Fluency in English and Thai (listening, speaking, reading, writing)
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of functions simultaneously.
- Experience in implementation of NGO finances and monitoring
- Solution and service oriented attitude to work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, interdisciplinary, multi-lingual, regional team
Working hour and payment rate:
- 3-5 days/week
- 10 am – 6 pm.
- Salary rate 2,000 THB/day
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by. Recruitment is on a rolling basis and may close ahead of the deadline once a suitable candidate has been identified. Please indicate “Part time Accounting and Finance Assistant” in the subject of email. Transgender Persons from Asia and the Pacific are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
APTN is an Equal Opportunities Employer. APTN adheres to a fair recruitment process, regardless of any individual or group characteristics, including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex characteristics, race, age, disability, ability, economic status, national origin, religion, ethnicity, and historical, cultural and geographic experiences.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex persons, transgender and gender non-binary persons, and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified.