The YCSRR is recruiting new members! If you are a young activist passionate about SRHR you can apply for this opportunity. Help us share with your networks so that we find the talented young people that we are looking for!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for young people (under 29 years of age) to support the implementation of our member-driven strategic plan and advocacy agenda through your own leadership within YCSRR. We want young people with a strong passion for SRHR and advocacy experience to be part of our membership. You do not have to have any international advocacy experience. We encourage young people who wish to broaden their advocacy experience but don’t necessarily have experience engaging in international spaces to apply.
In particular, we are looking for young people with expertise and/or lived experience in the following areas:
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- LGBTQIA+ rights
- Advocacy against harmful practices such as child marriage and female genital mutilation
- Climate change and its intersections with SRHR
- Disability rights and justice
- Sex workers rights
The most important thing you can bring to YCSRR is enthusiasm! YCSRR accepts members from different backgrounds, with varying skills and experiences. We accept up to two members per country. As our working language is English, it is important that members possess good listening, speaking, reading, and writing English language skills (don’t worry if you think you need to keep learning, all of us still are).
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Our membership is expected to last for 2 years, but you can renew it if interested as many times as you wish, until your 30th birthday (when you are no longer considered a young person for the YCSRR).
To advance your career, you can expect:
- A flexible and remote work environment (most of our work is done via an interactive online platform called Podio, as well as through Gmail, Zoom, Telegram);
- Capacity building and professional development opportunities;
- Information and tools relevant for the work within the SRHR field;
- Funding for advancing the members work plans;
- Networking with other relevant SRHR organizations;
- Visibility amongst the SRHR global community;
- Opportunities to meet and engage with young colleagues in your work field.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in becoming a member of YCSRR, please follow these steps to apply:
- Fill out our application form HERE (press on the link, please, it will take you to another tab) by 23:59 EST/NYT, March 4, 2022. No late applications will be considered.
- Through the form, you will have to upload: a) One (1) updated CV; b) One (1) reference letter (from a teacher, colleague, friend, a former or curret member of the YC that you know, etc. describing your involvement in sexual and reproductive rights work, your work in youth advocacy, and your English proficiency, if applicable). Please note that you can upload these documents in any format: to be read, seen and/or heard. The reference letter should be specifically for YCSRR and explain why the person thinks you would be a good member of the organisation.
- Once your application is submitted, the membership committee will review it. Applicants who move on to the next level will be invited to participate in a Zoom interview.
- If you need any reasonable adjustments/accommodations, or have any questions, please let us know by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to support you!