Terms of Reference
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Contract type: Full time
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Deadline for Application: 3 March 2022 (Extended)
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Reports to: Executive Director
Since it was founded in 2009, APTN has grown to become a credible platform and voice for transgender people in Asia and the Pacific, working to ensure that their needs and rights are represented politically, socially, culturally and economically. The network serves as a platform for transgender people to advocate for access to health, legal gender recognition, legislative reform, social justice and human rights and to exchange information and strategies with each other.
APTN has published several key reports, policy and technical briefs that have been used to inform programmes, policy and laws. Legal gender recognition deeply impacts the livelihood of trans and gender diverse people and is critical to ensure their dignity, rights and security. APTN is committed to working to ensure that so long as gender exists as a legal classification, that all people in Asia and the Pacific have access to identity documents that reflect their self-defined gender.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Executive Director and managing the organization’s office operations, including working remotely with employees or other partners based inside or outside of Thailand. The Executive Assistant also provides support and management of all of the Executive Director personal and business affairs. The Executive Assistant develops and streamlines systems and processes to ensure efficiency of projects and effectiveness of communication across the organization.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Provides executive support in a one-on-one meeting
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Executive Director
- Serves as a liaison to the board of directors and management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects such as fundraising campaigns
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Director’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Arranges executive’s schedules and calendar
- Arranging meetings & conferences and appropriate venues as well as organizing necessary materials and presentations and taking note and minutes of meeting
- Reimburses monthly expenses and benefits for Executive Director
- Handling Monthly & Quarterly report, including collating team quarterly report to the Executive Director and draft Executive report
- Handling translation from Thai to English
- Handling personal matters for Executive Director
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion perspective
- Significant executive support experience
- Expert proficiency with Google applications such as google drive, word and excel; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Managers, team members, community partners and stakeholders
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent judgment is essential
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, dynamic environment
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities
How to Apply?
Please send a plan of execution with timeline, CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: “Application: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director”.
APTN is an Equal Opportunities Employer. APTN adheres to a fair recruitment process, regardless of any individual or group characteristics, including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex characteristics, race, age, disability, ability, economic status, national origin, religion, ethnicity, and historical, cultural and geographic experiences.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex persons, transgender and gender non-binary persons, and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified.